We’re recruiting for a Account Executive
Location: Dublin Sector: Conference Management Company
Function: Delegate Services Team Hours: Full Time
This exciting new role combines customer support, financial, technology and administration skills within our International Conference and Events Company. Due to the pandemic, our business model has transitioned from organising large scale International in-person Conferences, to also delivering Virtual Conferences through our digital platforms. We are looking to expand the team to include an Account Executive within the Delegate Services Team. This is an exciting and diverse role which requires a confident and capable all-rounder with a diverse range of skills and talents.
Reporting to the Delegate Services Manager, the Account Executive will be part of a strong customer centric team dedicated to providing a professional and efficient service delivering virtual, hybrid and in-person conferences. Working as an integral member of conference project teams, you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for the customer support, administrative, financial and technology aspects of the event.
As technologies continue to develop, so will this role. However, the key responsibilities and skills are:
Key responsibilities include:
- Directly interact with our customers (conference delegates, sponsors and speakers) via email and phone, to manage and resolve requests they may have
- Management of online registration for delegates, sponsors and speakers using our online registration software, Events Air.
- Management of delegate databases
- Responsible for writing copy for information and marketing emails to delegates
- Management of accommodation and tour bookings
- Delivery of customer support and registration functions during live event
- Set up of online registration platform
- Set up and management of online virtual platform
- Skills include a basic understanding of HTML coding and some basic video editing skills
- Management of conference finances, including invoicing, bank reconciliation, credit control and report compilation
- Analyse financial figures to accurately provide regular updates to Account Managers and Clients.
- Assisting with the logistical management of a conference and providing onsite support.
- Responsible for collation and preparation of reports
- Day-to-day upkeep of website and make changes as necessary
- Corresponding with suppliers
- Attending client meetings and minute taking
- Additional ad hoc duties as required.
- Familiar with event IT systems (i.e. EventsAir is preferable but not required as full training will be provided)
- Ability to plan, prioritise and execute project activities in a timely manner to strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Outstanding organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Problem solver and innovative thinker
- Resilient with the ability to adapt and respond to challenging situations
- Confident and capable, with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible to work outside office hours and to travel (when we can) to overseas events
- 3rd level qualification in Business Management or similar
- 3 years’ experience in a relevant professional office environment
- Experience working in an agency or on project based work an advantage
- Technical ability, HTML, database management
Full training will be provided.
Full time, permanent
Competitive package, salary dependant on experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Deirdre Geraghty firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re recruiting for a Business Development and Marketing Representative
Location: Dublin Sector: Conference Management Company
Function: Commercial Team Hours: Full Time
Conference Partners International, an awarding winning company, is an international leader in the global event and conference industry. We have 23 years’ experience in managing International and National conferences with offices in both Ireland and the UK. Our remit is to take over the logistical, financial, educational, commercial and communication management of an in person, virtually or hybrid conference. We believe that our people are central to our success. As a company, we place great importance on team work and forging lasting relationships. As a result of proactively securing a large amount of business for Ireland and the UK in the coming years we are expanding our company and the following position is available in our Dublin office
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated conference professionals delivering high quality conferences and virtual events. We are seeking a commercially minded, intuitive Business Development and Marketing Representative with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business development and marketing role.
You must be passionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable about creative marketing, selling smart and have a proven experience of applying these skills in the business environment. Knowledge of the Conference and Events industry would be of an advantage but not essential.
This new role will have responsibility for marketing and business development within the sponsorship and exhibition team of Conference Partners International. You will take responsibility for understanding the intellectual content of the conferences, ensuring that your marketing and sales campaigns reflect a sense of pride and dedication to ensuring their success.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Business Development and Marketing Representative will work alongside the Conference Account Managers ensuring all KPI’s are met. The role is split between marketing across all platforms, sales presentations, and project lead research with some flexibility around working hours to maximise the business development opportunities as some of the leads maybe based overseas.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner. You will be an ambitious, yet sociable individual who wants to grow in a role alongside an energetic, entrepreneurial, and vibrant team. You will have proven business development and marketing experience and an excellent track record in delivering successful marketing campaign that drive commercial revenue.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering an effective marketing strategies that drive commercial revenue
- Manage, maintain and develop strong relationships with key clients to deliver increased revenues.
- Conducting thorough analysis of potential sponsors and exhibitors
- Over achieve on identified commercial targets and communication activity.
- Produce and execute the marketing plan for commercial sales.
- Focus on new business development to grow the client base.
- Assisting with association conference research projects and identifying key opportunities
- Attending events and liaising with industry partner’s onsite to ensure that their contract is fulfilled and all of their concerns and needs are addressed.
- Maintaining a sales database, reporting activities and preparing contracts.
- Ad Hoc duties as required.
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Business Development and Marketing role
- Track record in delivering and exceeding marketing and sales KPI’s.
- Desire and ability to source and deliver revenue from new customers.
- Sound commercial awareness, excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to negotiate confidently at all levels.
- lf-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Excellent package, salary dependant on experience.
Please send your CV to Colm O Grady, Conference Partners International, referring the position Email: email@example.com
The Top 10 Reasons To Work For CPI
- Our people are our brand – work for a company with a culture of developing talent and recognising employee worth.
- World class learning and training opportunities available on a regular basis and a mentor programme to ensure your personal developments needs are being met.
- Several departments within the one company which offer multiple opportunities for career growth.
- Work in a modern comfortable environment. Our offices are only 6 years old and are easily accessible by both luas and the M50
- Enjoy outstanding benefits including an excellent salary package, a wellness and wellbeing programme and a social programme.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with employees from all over the world and from various different professional backgrounds.
- Global opportunities with employees encouraged to work across borders and explore new destinations.
- Network and build relations with the most influential in the industry at both national and international events.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month
- Our Birthday present to you is a day off