Conference Partners were thrilled to provide conference management services free of charge to the SAFE Ireland Summit 2016 (www.safeirelandsummit.ie), which took place in the Mansion House on 14 & 15 November 2016 with an attendance of over 290 delegates.
SAFE Ireland was chosen as Conference Partner’s 2016 charity partner and SAFE Ireland are the National Social Change Agency working to make Ireland the safest country in the world for women and children. The Summit is just one of a number of initiatives SAFE Ireland has begun as part of its’ 5-year Strategic Plan 2015-2020 to change culture and transform the response to domestic violence in Ireland.
The Summit featured an extraordinary line-up of speakers including;
• Eve Ensler, Tony Award winning playwright, performer, activist and the author of The Vagina Monologues
• Leading psychiatrist and renowned speaker, Dr. Gabor Maté
• Victor Rivas Rivers, a Hollywood film star, author and advocate
• Ryan Tubridy
• Senator Ivana Bacik, radical feminist, Irish politician & academic
• Panti Bliss, accidental and occasional gay rights activist
• Lynn Rosenthal, First White House Advisor on Violence against Women.
Hozier also spoke at the Summit and the singer performed Cherry Wine, his song which highlights the issues surrounding this topic.