We have a very exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated conference and event professionals delivering a high quality, extremely innovative and creative showcase. We are seeking a commercially-minded and intuitive Sponsorship and Exhibition Sales Executive with a minimum of 2 years experience in sales.
You will be passionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable about selling smart, profitable, and industry-leading conferences and have proven experience of applying efficient and effective processes to selling conferences and events. Knowledge of the Conference and Events industry would be of an advantage.
This new role will have responsibility for selling sponsorship and exhibition stands for an established large scale showcase on a national and international level. You will take responsibility for understanding the intellectual content of the event, ensuring that your sponsorship sales campaigns reflect a sense of pride and dedication to ensuring their success.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales executive will work alongside the other key team members ensuring all targets are met. The role is split between sales presentations and telephone calls with some flexibility around working hours to maximise the sales opportunities as some of the sales prospectus maybe based overseas.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated, and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner. You will be an ambitious, yet sociable individual who wants to grow in a role alongside an energetic, entrepreneurial, and vibrant team. A flair for creativity and a love of innovation are also required. You will have proven sales experience and an excellent track record in delivering sponsorship and exhibition revenue.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to deliver revenue ahead of sales targets, build and negotiate sponsorship and exhibition packages with confidence, and have the desire and ability to develop new business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting thorough analysis of potential sponsors and exhibitors
- Delivering on the sales strategy and revenue growth for the conferences.
- Over achieving on identified sales target and communication activity.
- Manage, maintain and develop strong relationships with key clients to deliver increased revenues.
- Producing and executing the marketing plan for sponsorship sales.
- Building new sponsorship propositions that deliver on clients’ objectives.
- Focus on new business development to grow the client base.
- Assisting with research projects related to the event, identifying key opportunities, compiling bid documents, tender documents and sales presentations.
- Assisting the sales team in generating business for Conference Partners and Event Partners through identifying sponsorship potential for potential clients.
- Attending events and liaising with sponsor clients onsite to ensure that their contract is fulfilled and all of their concerns and needs are addressed.
- Maintaining a sales database, reporting activities and preparing contracts.
- Ad Hoc duties as required.
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience exhibition and/or sponsorship sales. International experience would be an advantage.
- Track record in delivering and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to develop high value, bespoke sponsorship solutions.
- Desire and ability to source and deliver revenue from new customers.
- Sound commercial awareness, excellent organisational skills.
- Highly effective telephone sales skills.
- Ability to negotiate confidently at all levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels.
- Experience selling exhibition and/or sponsorship package is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Package:Excellent package, salary dependant on experience.
Please send your CV to Susie Kilcoyne, Connect Showcase referring the position Email: email@example.com.