Recruiter Conference Partners International
Function Human Resources
Direct Report Eddie Lee – Financial Controller
Contract Type Part-time
Job Title Human Resources Manager
Company Description: Conference Partners International is a multi-award winning, internationally accredited, professional conference organiser, headquartered in Dublin with regional offices in Belfast, Edinburgh and Manchester operating globally with approximate 70 employees. Our excellence is best illustrated in our extensive portfolio of national and international association conferences for world-renowned organisations and companies. We organise academic, governmental, medical, financial and business conferences. Our focus is on developing relationships and creating links between international organisations and local hosts.
We actively bid to organise conferences internationally and provide a complete service for international conferences including venue search, accommodation, budget and administrational services. We believe that our people are central to our success. As a company we place great importance on team work and forging lasting relationships. We are approved and active members of IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organisers). Nicola McGrane, Managing Director of Conference Partners, sits on the IAPCO council and is actively involved in IAPCO’s strategy and implementation.
· The HR Manager will overseas all the hiring and HR matters for the business
· Provide guidance and support to line management in developing and shaping people management solutions to achieve business objectives.
· Be the trusted and approachable ‘go-to’ person for all staff
· Support the CEO and Finance Director with review and maintenance of headcount and salaries budget. Mapping talent to help manage at annual increase and bonus periods.
· On-boarding/Induction – developing a comprehensive and engaging on boarding/induction programme for all potential/new recruits.
· Co-ordinating, attending and keeping records for HR meetings/activity including leading on some formal employee meetings where appropriate. i.e. exit interviews, maternity and paternity conversations, disciplinary, TUPE, grievance and redundancy consultation.
· Data management and reporting – ensuring accurate HR data is input/maintained for the businesses. Building, maintaining and delivering quarterly HR metrics for review with HR Operations Manager and Head of HR.
· To undertake all HR administration: including; contracts, offer letter, the onboarding process, inductions, appraisals and employee handbooks with the periodic updating as and when employment legislation changes.
· To oversee the leave/sickness process for all employees
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
· Minimum of 5 years HR experience & Knowledge of Irish & UK employment law would be required.
· Proven experience of working in HR teams and with senior stakeholders including, managing high level employee relations issues autonomously and knowing when to escalate accordingly.
· Experience of working in a similar fast paced environment.
· Have an understanding and good knowledge of relevant HR legislation
· Face to face customer service skills/experience is essential.
· Ability to adapt personal communication style to a wide variety of senior stakeholders
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to be proactive and use initiative, does not need to be told when/how to manage tasks that fall within their remit
· Flexible approach, willing to get stuck in and support the team with a wide range of tasks that may fall outside of their job spec
· Excellent organisational ability; can effectively prioritise workload and multi-task
· Ability to deal with extremely confidential information and be discreet at all times
· Good knowledge of MS Office Package, particularly Excel data manipulation and Word mail merge.
· A can-do, positive approach to the role is essential
This position is available for an immediate start.
A CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience (400 words only) should be sent to the CEO, Nicola McGrane via firstname.lastname@example.org