Current Vacancies at Conference Partners International
Conference Partners Ltd.
Conference Partners, an awarding winning company, is an international leader in the global event and conference industry. We have 19 years’ experience in managing International and National conferences with offices in both Ireland and the UK. Our remit is to take over the administrational headache of organising an event or conference and to ensure a smooth and effortless flow of any occasion. Our service is comprehensive however to synopsise:
- We provide advice in every area including financial management and strategic programme design
- We operate and provide support on an online abstract submission and programme management
- We source the right venue, accommodation and transportation
- We guarantee impressive and creative social events
- We operate state of the art web-based software to register delegate This is a one-stop shop which allows delegates to pre-register for a conference whilst at the same time choosing their favored social events, accommodation and dietary requirements.
Our clients’ conference programmes are made up of research from individual academics and professionals from specialized fields. We provide a way to collect these proposals or abstracts through our online system and provide expert support to committees and submitters. This role is an essential administrative function to support the overall logistical management of the conference.
Programme Executive Job Specification:
- Managing online abstract system which includes the submission, review, acceptance and scheduling of abstracts for presentation
- Building of the abstract portals for our conferences.
- Compilation of abstracts documents for publishing (print, digitally, conference app)
- Liaison with delegates by phone and email on their submission queries.
- Processing of author registrations.
- Marketing and promoting abstract submission to conferences.
- Onsite delivery and co-ordination of registration, posters and sessions.
- Corresponding with suppliers.
- When required assisting with the logistical management of a conference and providing onsite support.
- On a daily basis reporting to the Head of Programme, and overall reporting to the Operations Director.
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a business environment
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills essential
- Ability to plan, prioritise and execute project activities in a timely manner to strong deadlines
- Methodical in approach and highly organized
- Experience working in a project based or scientific/technology related environment an advantage
- Previous experience managing abstracts and conference programmes (preferable but not required)
- Copywriting skills
- Technical ability, HTML, database management, offering SaaS (preferable but not required)
- Familiarity with event IT systems (i.e. EventsAir is preferable but not required)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
For further information please contact Deirdre Geraghty
Tel. 01 2968688
ASSOCIATION BID EXECUTIVE
Job Description: Conference Partners Ltd.
Title: Association Bid Executive
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: National & International Association Conferences
Direct Report: Jaime Bennett, Sales & Marketing Director
About Conference Partners
Conference Partners Ltd. is a multi-award winning, internationally accredited, professional conference organiser, headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Belfast, Edinburgh and Manchester. Their excellence is best illustrated in the extensive portfolio of national and international conferences for world-renowned organisations and companies. Conference Partners organise academic, governmental, medical, financial and business conferences.
Conference Partners believe that its people are central to their success. As a company they place great importance on team work and forging lasting relationships, with a particular focus on building relationships and creating links between international associations and local hosts for conferences.
Conference Partners actively bid to organise conferences and provide a complete service for national and international conferences. Conference Partners are internationally accredited and active members of IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organisers).
Job Purpose & Duties:
The Association Bid Executive will play a vital role in winning international and national conference business for Conference Partners. They will work with the overall sales team to manage all Conference Partners reactive business for Ireland. Reactive business is described as business leads that are received from key stakeholders such as Convention Bureaux, previous clients, referrals, email / telephone enquiries and E-tenders.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with these stakeholders as well as with local hosts and develop the conference lead through each element of the sales process until conversion. This position will require excellent communication and written skills along with strong presentation skills. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sales & Marketing Director and will be supported by the bid development team. They will also be required to support the Managing Director and Sales and Marketing Director on individual projects where appropriate.
Bids & Proposals
- Manage and respond to reactive enquiries for Ireland/Northern Ireland.
- Review RFPs to determine event suitability and feasibility.
- Create and develop proposals for international and national clients seeking to hold conferences, events, exhibitions.
- Compile detailed and accurate budgets to accompany proposals.
- Conduct research to support proposals and budgets
- Submit and manage funding applications
- Liaise with in-house graphic designers for the production of proposal / bid materials
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects
- Adhere to project deadlines
- Prepare company presentations
- Arrange and prepare for client and committee meetings.
- Preparation of agendas and minutes
Marketing & Communication
- Engage in regular communication with your clients to ensure that they are well serviced
- Support the Sales and Marketing Manager in delivery of individual marketing projects and social media campaigns
- Performing other tasks and duties as may be required
- Liaise with suppliers – hotels, venues, transport, restaurants and activities etc.
- Constantly develop new product and service knowledge
- Create and maintain strong relationships with clients and provide them with tailor made creative programmes
- Co-ordination and delivery of client site inspections
The successful candidate will join a highly creative, passionate and results driven team. Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional networking skills are essential to develop relationships with industry partners as well as prospective and existing clients. International travel may be required.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience in the conferencing sector
- Strong IT skills including experience in Excel, and Power point.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- The ability to establish key stakeholder relationships
- Confident and passionate presentation skills
- Excellent proposal writing, copywriting and proof reading skills
- Highly analytical
- Flexible nature
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Financial and budget management skills
- A confident negotiator
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Manage contacts through our CRM system
- Ability to strategically examine each lead and assess client’s needs
- Full Driving License
Candidates should note that the role may involve some international travel. This position is available for an immediate start.
A CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience (400 words only) should be sent to the Sales and Marketing Director Jaime Bennett by email: Jaime.email@example.com